Internet of Things (IoT)
Internet of things is an ecosystem in which internet connectivity is made to the physical devices and everyday objects. A thing in the internet of things can be any natural or man-made object which can be assigned an IP address. For instance, a human with a heart monitor implant, an automobile that has built in sensors that warns the driver when tire pressure is low, or a farm animal with a biochip transponder.
Why is it important?
Internet of things have huge positive impact on every sector of society be it, healthcare, finance, retail and manufacturing. Every field is taking advantage of the
- One can live and work in a smarter way.
- One can gain complete control over their lives.
- Helps in reducing waste and energy consumption
- Automates processes in business and reduces labour cost
- Helps in monitoring crop and cattle yield
- In farming it can predict growth pattern